Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Okay so I had to start this blog post with part of a recent conversation I had with Nick.
Nick: "Chemo is like Nemo."
Me: "Yes. You're right. Chemo rhymes with Nemo."
Nick: "Are there turtles at Chemo?"

Good news! I am almost done with the worst part of my chemo treatment. This Thursday is my last round of the AC (adriamycin/cytoxin). And then I get a three-week break before I start my 12 weeks of taxol, another chemotherapy drug which is typically much easier on your body and is given weekly.

I feel like I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've mapped it out on the calendar and my very last chemo infusion is Oct. 5. And believe me, I will be counting down the days until then.

The last few steps in my treatment plan will include the axillary node dissection surgery (removal of two layers of lymphnodes from my armpit) and reconstructive surgery(ies).

For right now, I am looking forward to some sunshine this summer.

I'd like to end this post by thanking all of you for all of the amazing support and encouragement over the last several months. I couldn't get through this without you.






















3 comments:

  1. ARE there turtles at chemo? :)

    So glad for you that this is the last round of the worst of the treatments. I'll see you soon, my friend- {{HUGS}}
    ...Fight like a girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, nemo and chemo. That Nick is so darn cute. Hope you are doing better today. Lola terrorizing house...we need Nick for cuteness to balance her! Have a great fourth all three of you!!

    ReplyDelete