Tuesday, June 5, 2012

McDonald's French Fries...ah!

I can't remember the last time I drove to McDonald's just to order french fries. And yet, yesterday, there I was ordering one large order of fries and an iced tea at the McD's drive thru. Before that, I ate a bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream with chocolate syrup, and yes, it was topped with whipped cream.

What can I say?! I take my doctor's (and dad's) advice quite seriously! I have lost about 10 lbs. since surgery, and I have been given the green light to eat basically anything I want or that sounds good to me. And during the days after chemo, I'm here to tell you that what sounds good to me is basically next to nothing. But yesterday...the french fries did sound somewhat appealing. And the ice cream? Do I have to explain myself on that one?

So besides the messed up appetite and fatigue, I feel like I've done pretty well with two rounds of chemo behind me.

My 2nd round was last Thursday (5/31), and the only thing I was really nervous about was the fact that they were going to have to access my port that morning at blood draw, which means I was going to have to be poked. So they gave me this numbing cream, which I religiously rubbed onto my port site 90 minutes prior to the blood draw. And guess what?!? I'd hate to know how it would have felt if I hadn't used the numbing cream. Okay...it wasn't that bad. It just felt like a bee sting and the sting went away quickly. But once I was done with that one poke, I was practically giddy, knowing I was done with needles for the day. They leave your port accessed for the chemo infusion that comes later in the day.

In my last post, I told you I was going to shave my head. Well I did it! And here's the proof:)



8 comments:

  1. Darcy! I love that you were eating McDonalds! I haven't eaten that in years..you go girl!! You look great with no hair! I'm so proud of you. You're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Darcy -- and great picture! What does Nick think?! Yes, you should try to eat anything, and in fact, you should make your peanut butter/chocolate thing .... and not just because I'm visiting next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, peanut butter chocolate thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter chocolate thing? How do I not know of this??!
    Great to see you, and of course we'll hang out again when I'm back in town from biz.
    Hugs to you - and snuggles to Nick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rocking the bald look! Better than Demi!

    ReplyDelete