I can't believe it's already been two weeks since my surgery, which included a double mastectomy, oophorectomy (fancy word for getting ovaries out) and lymphnode dissection. And I have to say I am feeling pretty darn good. I still have some pain, which I am now able to manage well with an occasional dose of Tylenol. The best medicine, however, has been the amazing support and strength of my wonderful husband, Mike, and the unconditional love, laughter and smiles of my 4-year-old son, Nicholas...and, of course, the incredible support, kindness, thoughts and prayers of our family and friends...and even strangers (I am not shy about telling people my story:).
My recovery is going well and I am looking forward to when I get back the full use of my arms. I still can't pick up anything more than 10 lbs..a challenge when you have a 35 pound rugrat scuttling around:)
Tomorrow, I will be meeting with my breast surgeon to hear what my Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) medical team recommends for the rest of my treatment, which is looking like it will include chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapy. Expect an update on the treatment plan/schedule in my next post.
Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support!
Darcy, You are a strong person and you have such wonderful attitude. Please know that you are showered in good thoughts and prayers as you recover and take charge of your life and continue to be a light to all who know you! Lots of hugs,
ReplyDeleteSonia
I think about you everyday, I hope you are doing well...which it sounds like you are! You are a fighter and you are going to get through all of this. I am glad you started this so we can connect with you and send you love, prayers and support!!!
ReplyDeleteLove to you!
LeAnne
Thanks so much for creating this to keep us updated... though I'll still be calling to check in on you :)
ReplyDeleteBIG HUGS and lotsa love - See you soon!
Shawn
HI Darcy! I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well! I have been praying for a quick and complete recovery. I love that you set up a blog. You are a very brave and amazing woman and I am so impressed with your positive attitude. This a a good time to rest, recooperate, and enjoy time with your son and hubby. Glad to hear good things!
ReplyDeleteI will continue to pray,
Monica
Hi Darcy,
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about you every day! You're a trooper and an ispiration.
I'm praying for you every day.
Love Wendee
Great idea to blog.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear you're feeling more like yourself.
You are an inspiration with your upbeat attitude.
Love, Suzanne
Lol, love the name! Great idea Darcy!
ReplyDeleteI prefer the Daily Darcy circa 06 when I sat next to you daily and we could shoot the breeze and gossip. But being able to be informed about you and what you're battling via this Daily Darcy- and in turn be inspired by your strength, grace and resilience- will have to do for now.
ReplyDeleteSending you and yours love, hugs and prayers Darcy- stay strong!
Caitlin & Crew